Monday, December 3, 2012

Scheduling

Mission Monday

Blog mission: To post at least three days

I had to laugh when I actually got around to reading last week's one and only blog post.  It was a Works-for-me Wednesday post that didn't actually get posted until Thursday.  My Blog mission this week is to not let the craziness keep me from posting at least a few times this week.  Yes, report cards ARE due tomorrow.  No, I have NOT finished the 50+ comment sheets for classroom teachers to insert into report cards.  Yes, parent conferences ARE this week.  No, I have not figured out which conferences I can actually make it to and which ones I'll have to give teachers a cheat sheet for to discuss my interventions with parents.

But it's all good because I've recently discovered the SCHEDULE button, so I can pre-write my posts when I do have time and schedule them to go out on another day.


Teaching mission: Intervention progress sheets

I really would like to find or create a parent-friendly (and teacher-friendly!) form to communicate all the progress my students are making in their reading interventions.  Any reading interventionists have one they love?  Ideally, it would be quick to fill out, easy to tailor to individual students, and self-explanatory so teachers don't have to use their conference time to explain my form.

I'd also love to learn about any systems that your school uses to help interventionists see their students during conferences.  Do they try to attend with the classroom teacher?  Pre-meet with the classroom teacher?  Plan a separate meeting with parents?  What works (or doesn't work!) for you?

I'd love to hear/ see what everyone does for report card and conference time!

0 comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

My Blog List